Family Medicine physician needed for Physician Advisor opening north of Boston
Responsible for managing the efficiency of care delivery and be accountable to the Medical Director of Utilization Management and Case Management
- Work with the medical and nursing staff leadership and the hospital, and closely collaborate with the director of case management and social work
- Ensure proper discharge planning and utilization management by developing and implementing methods to optimize use of hospital services for patients while also ensuring the quality of care provided
- Work with those developing case management protocols and with physicians and others to reduce length of hospital stay, ensuring patients are in the appropriate level of care
- Responsible for assisting the organization to achieve desired resource management and quality goals.
- 220 bed hospital. Clinical relationships with Tufts Medical Center and Boston Children's Hospital
- Completion of specialty residency and board certification in internal medicine, emergency medicine or family medicine is required
This is a highly desirable suburban Boston community which offers a variety of housing options, excellent schools, and an array of social, cultural and recreational amenities.
Associated topics: bilingual, family practice physician, hospitalist, physician md, practice, practitioner, primary, primary care, provider, urgent